Wednesday 20 July 2011

Book Review: Haunted Ground: Ghost Photos from the Gettysburg Battlefield by Hollister Ann Grant

Haunted Ground: Ghost Photos from the Gettysburg BattlefieldDo you believe in ghosts? I'd consider myself sceptical but open-minded and willing to take a look at any evidence to support their existence. That's why this book was interesting to me.

It is a short book, around 40 pages of print, including photos including unexplained orbs and mists. The photos were largely taken by the late Jack Grant, an American civil war buff, around the Gettysburg battlefield. The author includes stories of strange happenings, explains the locations of the photos and details of the civil war battles fought at the various locations and provides some useful information for anyone planning on visiting the area.

I know very little about the civil war so found the details of the battles enlightening, and was interested in the comments on the pictures and equipment used. However some of the photos aren't clear on the kindle's black and white display and I felt like I was missing something. Did they convince me that ghosts do exist and that they'd been captured on film - not exactly, I would need a little more information ruling out other causes, but they certainly got me wondering.

If you are planning a trip to the area or have a general interest in the subjects covered this is a good little book, although a colour version would probably be a better bet.

Format: Kindle, review copy
My Rating: 3*

No comments: