Friday 9 March 2012

Busy busy TGIF


Overall it's been a good week in my house, and now my sister has appeared on a surprise visit with my nieces it looks like a busy and fun weekend coming up. If anyone would like to improve my week just that little bit further my few Likers on Facebook could do with some company. Over the last week I have completed and reviewed three books,



All the Secret Things by Sheila Cragg, 
Illusion by Frank Peretti, and 
A Voyage for Madmen by Peter Nichols, an absorbing read about an amazing story


Turning to the fun TGIF at Greads meme, we're being asked to promote an author. 
"Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work." 

I'm sorry but I'm going to sit on the fence on this one and not name anyone. It's not because I can't think of anyone, more that I can think of too many. Generally I would say that I think some people ought to be more open to the possibility that indie authors can write great books; the myth some people are trying to perpetuate that all indie work is vanity publishing is grossly unfair. Admittedly there is some work that probably shouldn't have made it to the public but equally I've read some mainstream books I've hated. Right, off my soapbox now.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

TC xx

No comments: