Sunday 30 October 2011

Weekend round up

Oops, more than a week since I last posted on the blog. I've been even busier than usual this week! I have been on an intensive course to try and achieve my Level 1 British Sign Language certification. Intensive it certainly was and after 6 full days of learning I've now got mush for a brain.

I find languages fascinating. At school I learnt French and Spanish, and have picked up a smattering of German and Italian while working abroad. BSL is a language with it's own grammar and structure, and as well as using hand shapes and movements also uses lip patterns and facial expressions and body language. What I really love about it is the logic that is clear behind a lot of the signs, and how animated many of its users are. I think the assessments went ok, but have to wait about 8 weeks for the results - wish me luck!

Obviously I haven't had a lot of time to read this week so have only managed the one review since last time, Lust Demeted by Michael Subrizi. Hopefully now things should be back to normal and regular service will be resumed.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: