Friday 17 February 2012

A fortnightly roundup and TGIF

I have no idea where time has been going lately, so I missed my usual Friday round up last week and now I have a bit of catching up to do! Since last time I have read and reviewed:


A Storm Hits Valparaiso by David Gaughran, South American based historical fiction


Renouncing the Future by Stephen Kata, a sci-fi, romance, thriller and


The Fulcrum Files by Mark Chisnell, an interwar spy story.


I've also completed The Saintmaker by Mary Carroll Patrick. Probably my most prolific genre - crime - but with a bit of a twist as it's a Catholic novel. My review will be online a bit later. I'm also well into another book, The Dead See by Marcus Gibson. It is in a Da Vinci Code vein, largely set in the near future and I'm very interested to see where the story will go. 


This week over at GReads the TGIF question is What do you take pride in when it comes to blogging?


This is a great question! First and foremost I take pride in providing balanced and honest reviews. While I try not to absolutely slaughter any of the books I read if there are issues I'll say so. I'm not swayed by reputations or hype. I read a lot of indie books and while some people think you should go a little easier on indie authors I don't tend to agree. If you're putting a book out there for public consumption it needs to be polished, whoever you are.
Following on from that I am proud to review a diverse range of genres and to try and helpful provide a bit of much needed publicity for some of the cracking indie authors out there. I think people who will only read books from the big publishers are missing out on some absolute gems.
And I suppose last but not least I'm quite proud that despite working and having an energetic toddler to contend with I still manage to get books read and keep the blog relatively up to date.
With that last point in mind I'll finish this post up and get on with that review ;D

No comments: