Friday 1 April 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday

My fave day of the week has rolled around again astonishingly quickly (yeay, means work is out of the way for another few days!) so it's that time of the week, to meet other blogs, find out what they have to say on certain questions and to nose at other blogs.

First up, with thanks to Parajunkee, Follow Friday. The question is: What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving?? 

I think the answer to that has to be the Red Dwarf books by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor. I have one of those in particular that has almost fallen apart from repeated reading as they're so funny. I don't usually admit to loving them because they come from a TV series and it seems a bit lame when there's so much amazing literature out there.


And moving on to the Hop:
Book Blogger Hop Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?

Honestly I barely notice April Fools day, it's the same date here and even as a kid it was something I never really bothered with. I'm sure my sister and I did some of the stupid kiddie pranks but it's not really my thing. I hope you guys have better stories than me!

9 comments:

Mia said...

Thank you for stopping by. Even when I was a kid, I never really did much, except for some lame pranks. Its just now that I have stepped up the pace.
As for the FF-I will certainly check out the Red Dwarf books.
Mia
http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I don't really. I don't pay attention to April's Fools Day which is why I always fall for any pranks.

Howard Sherman said...

At first I wasn't going to participate in this week's Book Blogger Hop. I'm not even sure why.

But here I am. And I'm glad! To dispel any false impressions people may have had about me being a old, stodgy fuddy-duddy I'm happy to share some of my very best pranks with you.

Highlights include - low-grade explosives, eggs and salt shakers. Get all the side-splitting details over on my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

They date back to my younger years as a Brooklyn boy which brings about some introspection.

I'm going to go pull some pranks today. Look out world! I'm coming out of prankster retirement!
Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Anonymous said...

Returning the hop! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would have no problem with ignoring April Fool's Day either!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

have an awesome weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - new follower.

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you mentioned preferring Dean Koontz to Stephen King because I do too. I have a huge collection of DK (my favorites are False Memory, The Face, Tick Tock, and Velocity)! DK fans unite. :D

Elizabeth said...

I don't have any good stories either. I don't like pranks...luckily my day was prank free yesterday.

I am stopping by from the blog hop.

Hope you have a fun blog hop.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Loni said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Pranks can be a lot of fun, as long as their done with good intentions. I always have a lot of fun with the jokes and pranks at my office.