Friday 22 April 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger HopWow, I've totally lost the plot as to what day it is today. It's almost bedtime and I've just realised it's Blog Hop day! This fun hop is a fab way to find other book bloggers and have a nosy at other people's answers to the question. This week it is:

 If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?

My answer is Yes, absolutely. If you were to look at my bookshelves you'd see loads of books by James Patterson, John Grisham, Val McDermid, Ian Banks, Ian Rankin, Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Charles Dickens and probably others too. I think it is possible to go into overload though. My Dad and Grandad both read a lot of Jack Higgins, Clive Cussler and Colin Forbes so I used to borrow a lot of them but having read umpteen and one they get a bit formulaic so I'm taking a break from them.

4 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I'm the same way. Although you just listed a bunch of authors that I need to try. Thanks!

KarenSi said...

You can definitely overload. I recently read a Charlaine Harris and discovered that I didn't really like them anymore. This is after a few years of devouring them. Tempted to give up on Janet Evanovich too but the character Grandma Mazur keeps me going.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the overload from my mums collection could be the reason for me not wanting to read Grisham! Ever since i was around 7 she has been reading and i'm older now! (Not gonna give it away!)

Happy Easter :D

TC said...

There's definitely too much of a good thing, and I suspect that sometimes in the same way I get stuck in a rut as a reader it must be hard for prolific authors to keep their plots and characters totally fresh.