Friday 29 June 2012

Another week down

Yippee, it's Friday and as my little darling is amusing herself (reading Mr Men books) I've actually got some time to join in with TGIF! Over at Greads this week's meme question asks, as we're now scarily half way through the year, which have been your top 3 books of the year so far. This wasn't too difficult as I haven't given many books 5* this year, in fact 3 to date so it's pretty easy really. They were:


You Came Back by Christopher Coake 
A Voyage for Madmen by Peter Nichols
The Demi-Monde- Winter by Rod Rees


What I find interesting is that they are all very different books. You Came Book is a contemporary novel with hints of a ghost tale, the Nichols book is non-fiction set in the sailing world of the late 1960s and The Demi-Monde is, erm, steam-punky sci-fi, fantasy-ish. It's pleasing to find enjoyment out of such a diverse range. There are too many notable 4* books that I don't think I have the time to mention them all.


As I spoke (or typed) too soon and madam is now on the move this will have to be short but sweet. 


Have a great weekend everyone, 


TC x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time choosing only three for mine, but I'm glad you enjoyed your choices and it was easier for you :)

Lana said...

Hi,

I'm new to this site and was wondering how I can filter to see 5* reviews only? Maybe I'm just technologically inept, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me! lol

TC said...

Hi Lana, It's me being technologically inept. I need to go back through and label them accordingly! It's on my to do list.

TC said...

You gave me the necessary nudge! If you scroll down to labels one of the first is 5*, that will just bring those back (and I think I got them all)

Lana said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :D