Saturday 19 November 2011

That was the week..

Lately life seems to have gotten in the way of reading so I'm pleased that this week I've been able to sneak a bit more time to get into books. Since last week I have read and reviewed:

Tracks: A Novel in Stories by Eric D Goodman, a 5* anthology of connected stories
Black Ops: Libya by Matt Lynn, a topical military action novella and 
Instruments of Evil by Lori Lowthert, a crime tale.

I also read Erik Hanberg's The Marinara Murders, review coming very soon. This is the sequel to The Saints Go Dying, which I reviewed over the summer. 

No blog hop again this week, which I'm sorely missing but Jen over at Crazy for Books sounds like she's having a busy time of it right now.

On the micro-volunteering front I've done a bit of Christmas shopping from a charity's gift range, and handed over a lot of postage stamps that they sell on to raise funds. Now I need to figure out where to send the tokens I've been collecting from boxes of cereal as part of Nestle's Box Tops for Books scheme!

A bit early but in case I forget Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US, enjoy the holidays!

No comments: