Friday 7 January 2011

Blog Hop time!

Thank crunchy it's Friday, and that means it's Book Blogger Hop time - the first one of 2011. The Hop is hosted by Crazy-For-Books.com, runs from Friday to Monday and is a fun way to find other book bloggers. This week's question is:

What book influenced/changed your life? How did it influence/change your life?

I had to really think about this, and decided it would have to be JG Ballard's Empire of the Sun. I read it when I was quite young and have revisited it many times since. It made me realise how much more there was to the dry history I was being taught at school, and the impact of war on individuals. Fabulous book.

5 comments:

Ms. C said...

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today :) I don't think I have read Empire of the Sun, but it does sound interesting. I think I'll check it out next time I visit the library. Thanks for the recommendation!

Happy weekend,
Ms. C

Chelle said...

Found your blog through the Hop and now following. Happy Reading!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. New follower! I haven't heard of this book. I should check it out! I'm a real history buff, so I bet I'd like it.
Happy weekend!
My Hop

TC said...

Thanks for hopping on by guys, hope you're all having a great weekend and I hope if you do read Empire of the Sun that you enjoy it, I think it's a great book (although the sequel wasn't anywhere near as strong for me)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! :) I enjoy history, but I must say, I've never heard of this book. I really like your blog--I love the blogs with eclectic reviews!