Wednesday 19 January 2011

Book Review: Remix by Lexi Revellian

RemixThis is a book I had seen while browsing the kindle store and had bypassed as the synopsis didn't really grab me. However I started seeing some great comments in the Amazon forums so I thought I'd give it a try. And I'm so glad I did. This is a wonderful book!

Caz runs a business making and restoring rocking horses and lives above her work space. She discovers scruffy Joe and his dog sleeping on her roof terrace,  once she's got over the shock and despite doubting herself lends him money and helps him out. Caz is one of those people who asks a lot of questions and when Joe reveals he isn't what he seems Caz finds herself investigating the murder of a rock star for him.

I really warmed to Caz. At the start she is slightly blinded by charming Joe, but she is smart enough to recognise what's going on. She's funny and sassy, a business owner but also a woman who allows herself to fall in love. The book is written in the first person from her perspective which I really enjoyed. The other characters are largely well-rounded too, particularly the charming star and the adoring best friend.

The book is largely a whodunnit, with a romance and some action too. I enjoyed the way all of these elements were brought together and found it an easy read that I flew through. If I'm in trouble with the boss for an extended lunch break today it is this book's fault! More soon please Lexi.

No comments: