Friday 14 January 2011

Book Blogger Hop 14th Jan- 17th Jan

Book Blogger Hop
I love the Blog Hop hosted by crazy-for-books.com, and especially the weekly questions (and of course having a nose at other people's answers) This week's question is:

"Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"

I read a lot of different genres, although fantasy doesn't really float my boat. I really like a good thriller that draws me in and makes me want to keep reading to find out what happens. When I get engrossed in a book like that it's pure escapism.  I also enjoy historical books, particularly modern history and stories from other countries. I don't mind whether it's a true story or fiction based on real events. I love to feel like I'm learning about events and about places I may never get to visit.

6 comments:

Lark Andrea said...

Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Reading Lark's Hop Post

P.S. - I am a new follower. :)

A Journey in Reading said...

Stopping by from the hop! I love historical fiction and contemporary fiction. I tend to read a variety depending on what I'm in the mood for or what kind of day I had :)

Have a good weekend!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I read lots of different genres too. I used to hate fantasy but I've really gotten into it recently.
My Hop

Anonymous said...

I'm hopping threw from the book bloggers hop... I read all kinds of books... My favorite are Historical fiction.... New Member Thanks


chrissy
Chrissy's World Of Books
http://chrissysworldofbooks.blogspot.com/

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

thanks for testing my follow button. you button is working also!

Have a great week!

TC said...

Thanks to everyone who has visited and new followers, I hope you enjoy my blog!