Friday 30 September 2011

Book Blogger Hop time

Well this has been a bit of an odd week, was away last weekend, then had to cope with actually going to work this week, plus hospitalised relatives and charity events, so I haven't had much time for reading or blogging. I'll make up for it with 2 reviews later though.

In the last couple of weeks I did manage to post reviews for:

Alison Wonderland, contemporary fiction by Helen Smith
On Dark Shores: Parallels - The Black-Eyed Susan, a fantasy prequel by J.A. Clement
Waiting for Robert Capa, which defies categorisation - romance, historical fiction, biography? -by Susana Fortes, and
Space, inspirational fiction by Emily Sue Harvey

For anyone who'd like to win a Scott Nicholson e-book I am giving away a copy of the screenplay of Creative Spirit. Entries end tomorrow, so take a look here if you haven't entered yet! Scott also popped by and did an author Q&A, as did David M. Brown. Many thanks to both of them for sharing their thoughts.

Now on with the blog hop!

Great question this week - In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?

I'm afraid to say I haven't read many of them, as I love the idea of celebrating my freedom to read, but taking a look through I noticed The Diary of Anne Frank was on the list. It's an amazing book, I read it at school and was very moved by it. How on earth can a book with such an important historical account be banned?

Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks for stopping by
TC xx

3 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I agree! I chose Anne Frank as well. People who try to ban this book are shameful.

AlleluiaLu said...

Hopping by! There were several books on that list that I was surprised were there.

Come over to my blog if you get the chance. Here's my post: http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2011/10/book-blogger-hop-930-103.html

Have a great weekend!

TC said...

Hi and thanks for visiting, I have visited you both in return but seem to be having a problem with leaving comments, not sure what it up :(