Friday 16 September 2011

Book Blogger Hop

That's another week been and gone, and with Christmas decorations already filling the shelves of some of our local stores I feel like I'll be saying Happy New Year to everyone very soon! I've had a good week this week, managed to spend my time off work getting things done and enjoying myself. Yesterday I made it down to the beach, where I read, sipped a latte and even did a bit of snorkelling (which makes the presence of Xmas bits even more weird when it's still so nice out) As a result I've managed to get in more reading than I have normally of late.

In the last week I have reviewed:

The Fourth Reich by Tom Schwartz, a timely thriller
The Goat Woman of Largo Bay by Gillian Royes, a Jamaican cozy mystery coming soon
An Epitaph for Coyote by Bryan R Dennis, contemporary fiction, and
The Scar by Michael S. Weiner, a crime novel

Scott Nicholson is continuing his month of promotions, Be Nicholson's Agent, and dropped by with a guest post on his inspiration for the manor at the heart of Creative Spirit. If you haven't entered already there is still a little bit of time to join the giveaway for a copy of Scott's book The Gorge, original post here for details.

Moving on the blog hop, this week Jennifer over at crazy-for-books.com is asking

As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?

As you'll see if you take a look at my About me page I like to share a little bit of personal info, sheds a bit of light on some the things I mention in my posts, but mostly it's about how I got to where I am with the blog. I hope it gives authors who are looking for a reviewer who is a match for their books enough info, and tells blog followers a little bit about me (without making me a prime target for ID theft :D )

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'd like to be able to post at some point saying I have claimed a freed book from The Guardian's Book Swap, but I expect otherwise it'll just be a quiet one here.

TC x

4 comments:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

You're all making me think that I need to rewrite my profile!!

I am a new follower!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Tammie Gibbs said...

Happy to have followed you from the Book Blogger Hop!

Hope you'll follow me back:
http://authortammieclarkegibbs.blogspot.com/

Tammie Clarke Gibbs, Author
Kindle Bestseller, ISLAND OF SECRETS

AlleluiaLu said...

Your "About Me" is wonderful! I'm definitely revising mine. It sounds so lame now.

I like your attitude and your rating system makes sense. Good luck with Monkey. I miss those days. Come visit my blog if you get the chance: http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend!

pussreboots said...

I recently changed my profile to reflect the fact I'm almost done with library school. Please come and read my new introduction.