Sunday 26 December 2010

The big clean up

Well, that's it over and done with for another year. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day. We spent the morning with my grandparents, had lunch with them and then took my nan up to see my parents and my sister and her family in the afternoon. With 3 girls under 18mths between us it was a bit hectic but watching the older two playing with their new toys (or more frequently the wrapping paper and packaging) was great.

My task for this morning was to clear up all the packaging and try to make space for Monkey's new toys. I was doing well until I was diverted by Amazon's 12 days of Kindle. They have a bunch of e-books available for 12 days at just £1 so I have bought a few to add to my To Be Read list. I think though that before I read another e-book I should read the tree book my husband bought me as one of my presents - it's a Clive Cussler monster.

I was watching the news this morning with my usual amazement, I can't imagine getting up at some ridiculous hour to be the first in line for the Boxing Day sales. That said I have been online looking to see what sort of discounts are about and am going to have to drag myself out as I need one last item to finish Monkey's room and I'm determined to get a bargain. The big question is where to start and whether I can find the motivation to get in the car and deal with crowds...

No comments: