Saturday 5 February 2011

Borrowed Book Challenge 2011

In a strange coincidence after blogging about the campaign to save libraries this morning I came across the book'd out blog and Shelleyrae's 2011 Borrowed Book Challenge. I'm going to try and borrow and read 12 books, my goal is to a Borrower Be. I love my kindle too much to read loads of tree books! I haven't got a full list yet, but my first one will hopefully be Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks (once it comes back next week) It's a great idea and will motivate me to keep to my new resolution to visit the library more.

Read so far:

1) The Accident by Ismail Kadare, Feb '11

2) Birdsong by Sebastian Faulkes, Feb '11

3) Silent Scream by Karen Rose, Mar '11

3+) Leaf Storm by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Mar '11 (I'm not counting it as it's only a short story)

4) The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga, Mar '11

5) The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, Apr '11

6) Blue Shoes & Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith, May '11

7) Solar by Ian McEwan, May '11

8) One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Jul '11

9) The Accidental Father by Greg Williams, Jul '11

10) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Dec '11

11) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, Dec '11


12) The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro, Dec '11

7 comments:

Laura Kozy Lanik said...

Loved Birdsong. I can't wait to read your review. Here for the blog hop and returning the follow. Have a great weekend.

TC said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I have seen some high praise in the press but there are some less than glowing reviews around too, I was hoping it wouldn't be the sort that gets acclaim from the critics but falls flat with the public.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for joining the challenge! I have added your link here: http://bookdout.wordpress.com/borrowed-book-challenge-2011/

Shelleyrae
www.bookdout.wordpress.com

TC said...

Thanks Shelleyrae, I'll be visiting regularly. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in - keep up the good work!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

TC said...

I must pop down the library and pick up something else. I'm definitely on target for my 12 though!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Congrats on meeting your challenge target - don't forget to drop by and let everyone know how you did!